- Steve is architect, co-founder, and member of the management team of the Bay Area Photovoltaic Consortium. The BAPVC is a US Department of Energy-funded research consortium run by Stanford and UC Berkeley. It funds research on solar energy at many universities and national labs nationwide.
- Steve is an Associate Member of the National Academies panel on “Using Multiple Data Sources and State-of-the-Art Estimation Methods in Federal Statistics: Frameworks, Methods, and Assessment” where Steve is exploring the potential for corporate data contributions to federal statistics.
- Steve is General Co-Chair of SenSys 2016 (The 14th ACM Conference on Embedded Networked Sensor Systems) to be held November 14-16, 2016, at Stanford, CA.
- Steve is Co-Chair of the IEEE Conference "Data Analytics for Advanced Manufacturing."
- Steve is Chair of the Leadership Board of the College of Arts & Sciences at Santa Clara University.